Roadside Chat - Want your life to last? Put safety first.
Sounds simple and of course you want to be safe and get to your destination. But how much do you actually think about what you can do to make sure that happens?
Here are some easy things you can do.
- Drive sober
- Buckle up – no matter where you are seated in the vehicle
- Pay attention to the road
- Calm down and don’t speed or drive aggressively
Do you ever think about those who are waiting for you to get where you are going? Last week we launched a new campaign focused on the decisions you make behind the wheel called What Drives You. It is based on research that showed that messaging focusing on loved ones resonated more with Iowans and may have a greater impact on changing unsafe driving behaviors. Please join us in making Iowa’s roads safer for everyone and connect with us on:
- Website: https://whatdrivesyouiowa.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WhatDrivesYouIowa
- Instagram: @whatdrivesyouiowa (https://www.instagram.com/whatdrivesyouiowa/)
- Twitter: @WhatDrivesYou ((https://twitter.com/whatdrivesyou)
In Iowa in 2022, there have been 335 deaths in traffic crashes. That’s an increase of two since last Friday. To see statistics published daily by the Office of Driver Services, go to the daily fatality report at https://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/stats/daily.pdf